Wow it surely is hard keeping up with a blog. It is from personal experience that I don’t push the issue of blogs with most of my clients. We are all just TOO BUSY.
Speaking of being too busy…that seems to be a huge roadblock with marketing events and services for many small business owners. How do we break through all the digital noise? How do we stand out from all the other “junk mail”? How can we make sure the right people know that we exist and have exactly what they have been looking for?
I should say Social Media will answer all of your needs. But that’s not true. Social Media Marketing can offer part of the solution. The key is to have multiple touch points. Stay on people’s minds so that when they are ready to spend their hard-earned time and money, they know who to contact!
Here are my top 5 must haves for your marketing strategy:
- Social Media Presence
- Promotional materials (flyers, pens, magnets, calendars, the list goes on and on)
- Email Campaigns
- Partner Network (other people or organizations that are willing to spread the word about your great products and services)
- Website (yes website are still relevant and make your business look Legit)
I know it seems like a lot. But you want to make a lot of money too right? You don’t have to do it all by yourself or with a skeleton crew. If you are able to hire staff to help with these areas please do it. It will make all the difference.
In addition to staff, other options are:
- Consultants, like myself
- Virtual assistants to help with administrative tasks on an as needed basis
- Referral partners to help get the word out
- Barter, there must be someone who can help you that also needs your help
Just remember to diversify your marketing strategy and know that you are not alone. There should be at least 5 people in your circle that can help you either on a project or long-term basis.
If you enjoy my blogs or want to stay up-to-date on the latest social media marketing trends and tips please connect with me on Facebook
Until next time. Happy marketing!